Oct 04, 2021

Elderly man slapped and headbutted after complaints about ‘rowdy’ children

Zac Bowles attacks elderly man

A registered plumber named Zac Arthur Bowles was having dinner with a large group of friends last month when he became enraged after a manager at the Yandina Hotel asked the group to control the ‘rowdy’ behaviour of their children.

Police Prosecutor Sergeant Nick Nitschke told the Maroochydore Magistrates Court that 33-year-old Bowles ‘became defensive’ about the request and demanded to know who complained about the children’s behaviour.

During his tirade, it is alleged that Mr Bowles hurled verbal abuse at an elderly patron and told him that he was about to get “hit by a young man.” 

Sergeant Nitschke told the court that it was at this point where Mr Bowles slapped the elderly man and then headbutted him before pushing him backwards.

It is believed that an ambulance was called as a result of a cut on the victim’s nose, but the court heard that he was treated by a doctor the following day.

Mr Bowles pleaded guilty to serious assault of a person over 60 in Maroochydore Magistrates Court on Friday, but later withdrew his guilty plea when his lawyer disagreed with the brief of evidence. 

This matter will return to court on October 29.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. There should be a part of a pub where adults csn have a meal drink ect with out kids being around

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Aged care workers offered lottery tickets to work extra shifts

Home care support provider myHomecare has been criticised by a union for offering its staff lottery tickets as a bonus for picking up extra shifts. Read More

Mortified husband blames understaffing for alleged sexual assault of wife at aged care home

“I haven’t been sleeping for days and days after this happened,” the distraught 75-year-old husband shared, after witnessing an alleged sexual assault on his 70-year-old wife. Read More

Doctor accused of fake COVID jabs suing Dept of Health for seizing patient files

A doctor who claims that his surgery was raided without a warrant after being accused of faking COVID vaccine records, is suing the Department of Health to try and protect his patients’ medical information. Read More
Advertisement