Aug 12, 2020

Free face-to-face PPE training now available in Victoria

Free face-to-face infection control training is now available for people working in residential aged care facilities in Victoria.

This new training program announced by the Minister for Aged Care and Senior Australians Richard Colbeck, builds upon the online training program released by the Commonwealth Government earlier in the year.

This free training is being delivered by Monash University, in partnership with the Victorian government.

Bookings are welcomed from all residential aged care facilities across Victoria without any current cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) among their staff and residents. Please fill in the booking request form or contact PPE.Project@monash.edu for more information.

The Commonwealth Department of Health has also developed online training for care workers across all health care settings, including aged care. This training covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for coronavirus (COVID-19).

 

This advice was provided The Department of Health. For further information please visit the department’s  website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

80-year-old grandmother suffers rare blood disorder after COVID vaccine

While Dr Mark Duncan-Smith says AstraZeneca “is very safe and effective”, the grandmother said it was important the community is aware of potential side effects. Read More

Facilities imposing lockdowns could face sanctions

Aged care facilities that go above and beyond the government’s visitor restriction guidelines could be found non-compliant with the aged care quality standards, and even face sanctions. The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission’s confirmation of its regulatory approach comes as the government injects an additional $205 million into aged care to ensure aged care... Read More

Nurses union calls for immediate stop to non-essential nursing home visits

  The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF) is calling for a temporary ban on all non-essential visits to chronically understaffed nursing homes, in a concerted, community-led effort to shield vulnerable older Australians from the COVID-19 global pandemic. ANMF Acting Federal Secretary, Lori-Anne Sharp, said to properly protect nursing home residents, the Government must provide... Read More
Advertisement