Aug 02, 2020

Melbourne metro curfew enforced from 6pm tonight – Stage 4 restrictions

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has announced from 6 pm this evening metropolitan Melbourne will move into stage 4 restrictions.

Regional Victoria is being moved into Stage 3 restrictions from midnight on Wednesday.

With a new curfew to be implemented across metropolitan Melbourne from 8:00 pm to 5 am each and every day.

The Premier said, “Police will be out in force and you will be stopped and you will be asked and need to demonstrate that you are lawfully out and you are not breaching that curfew”.

“Going to a mate’s place, visiting friends, being out and about for no good reason, all that will do is spread this virus.”

The restrictions will include:

  • Only 1 person from each home to go shopping at a time, within 5km radius of your own home
  • 1 hour of exercise per day, no more than 2 people out at once – no further than 5km from your own home
  • No one to leave their house between 8:00 pm to 5am each day
  • Only reasons other than the above to leave the home is to “give care or get care”

Anyone caught breaching these restrictions will incur a $1622 fine.

The Premier said “These changes will be in place for at least the next six weeks until Sunday 13 September. As always, we’ll keep reviewing and realigning the restrictions in line with the advice of our health experts – and if we can change things earlier, we will”.

Read the Premier’s full media release here. For further information visit the Departments of Health website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. At the end of the day if this has to be done to get some stronghold on the spread it has to be done. It’s spreading in Victoria like Wildfire. I’d say many many businesses this will be the last straw that breaks the Camel’s Back. Goodbye to Spring Racing and Melbourne Cup Carnival.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Vaccinating the highest-risk groups first was the plan – but people with disability are being left behind

With Australia’s COVID vaccination campaign set to open up to over 50s on May 3, many at-risk Australians eligible under phase 1A are still waiting. Last week we learned only 6.5% of residents in disability care homes had received the vaccine. Read More

Will family members of aged care workers require vaccination too?

Considering their family are an aged care worker’s closest contacts, and they are out in public daily, should it be mandatory for those living in the same household to get the jab also? Read More

Aged care staff still need to isolate for seven days despite new COVID isolation changes

People working in aged care facilities will still need to isolate for seven days if they contract COVID-19, despite Prime Minister Anthony Albanese announcing Australia's COVID-19 isolation period will change in just over a week. Read More
Advertisement