Aug 10, 2022

Body of missing Adelaide woman found in Victorian paddock

The body of missing Adelaide woman Colleen South has been found in a paddock in rural Victoria over a month after she was reported missing. 

Mildura police told ABC News that the body was discovered by a farmer in a paddock in Bunguluke, Victoria, and had yet to be formally identified, but was “highly probable” the body was the missing 58-year-old.

The body was discovered under a large tree in high grass mere kilometres away from Ms South’s abandoned car that was discovered crashed in a ditch on July 3.

A report is currently being put together for the state coroner, including a review into the search process of the crashed vehicle and why Ms South’s body wasn’t initially found.

Ms South was first reported missing on July 1 and was last seen on CCTV at a Calder Highway petrol station at Berriwillock, Victoria on July 3 before her car was found 30 kilometres away later that day.

As previously reported, some of Ms South’s belongings were found strewn 20 metres away from her car, including her handbag, keys and a journal that contained the handwritten message “help me please”.

This ominous note had family members convinced that foul play was involved in Ms South’s disappearance.

Ms South’s family took to the Bring Colleen South Home Facebook page to confirm the outcome, writing that they were “heartbroken and in shock”.

“We want to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for your endless support, calls and messages for the past five weeks. We are so grateful.

“Fly high, our beautiful angel.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

PAXLOVID® expands access to Australians through the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme

Read More

Frustrated aged care workers speak out: ‘There are major gaps in the budget’

The government’s shiny new figure of $17.7 billion to fund aged care might solve some problems in the sector, but will it help put an end to the horrifying stories of neglect and mistreatment we continue to hear about? Workers on the frontline in aged care tell us what the budget means for them. Read More

Resident’s family take legal action against home, provider points to media misrepresentation

A Queensland woman is taking legal action against her father's aged care facility after they allegedly failed to manage his pain medication while he was dying from pancreatic cancer, but the provider has said the media has misrepresented the facts. Read More
Advertisement
Exit mobile version