Sep 29, 2021

NSW aged cares homes to allow visitors from October 11

Aged care visitors allowed back

Previously, tough visitor restrictions on aged care residents had been left out of plans to reopen the state, despite the fact residents have been banned from seeing loved ones for months.

From so-called ‘freedom day’, October 11, two fully vaccinated people will be allowed to visit friends or relatives in residential aged care in NSW.

Visits will be capped at two per day, per resident.

However, grandkids will not be allowed, with children aged 12 or under excluded from the two visitor limit.

“We know it is welcome news for so many people,” Ms Berejiklian said.

Sadly, the news comes on the pandemic’s deadliest day in NSW, with 15 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours.

Meanwhile, first dose vaccinations have reached 86.2% in the state, with NSW expected to reach 90% by the end of next week.

A total of 863 new COVID-19 cases were reported today. The “dramatic drop” has been attributed to such high vaccination rates, said NSW Health Minister, Brad Hazzard.

“Vaccination is the way out of this current issue in New South Wales and being vaccinated is the single most important step you can take to protecting yourself, your family and your community,” Hazzard said.

The Health Minister also has high hopes that 97.5% of healthcare staff will be vaccinated by the end of this week, reminding the remaining 2.5% of workers that they may end up unemployed.

“There won’t be a position available for them in New South Wales Health. It is pretty simple,” Hazzard stated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. Have you asked the question?

    If this so-called vaccine people are bullied into getting so they can participate in society, protects the vaccinated from catching Covid -19 why are the unvaccinated a threat to the vaccinated? Is it because the vaccine does not protect and does not prevent people from catching the Covid-19 virus?
    The NSW premier has no authority to force vaccination passports, nor does she have the authority to enforce mandatory vaccinations or prevent those that are not vaccinated from participating in society and in all social activities that they see fit to participate in.
    The citizens of Australia are facing a domestic enemy. Government officials were elected to protect the freedoms and liberties of their citizens not lord above them and control their thoughts and actions by bullying and threatening to take away their fundamental rights if they do not take the jab.
    There is no statutory authority to enforce mandatory vaccinations. Stand up for what you believe in and do not cow down to a tyrannic government that has overreached its authority.
    Look up the Nuremberg Code.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Quality commission audits nursing homes that failed infection-control standards

  The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission has commenced nation-wide auditing of aged care facilities that failed to meet infection control quality standards. Aged Care Quality and Safety Commissioner, Janet Anderson PSM, told HelloCare, “The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission is taking a proportionate risk-based approach in responding to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation. ... Read More

Nursing home where sexual assaults took place now sanctioned

A nursing home in Woodend, Victoria, where a resident sexually assaulted a frail woman in her 80s, has now been sanctioned by the Department of Health. The facility has been sanctioned following an audit by the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency, with the Department of Health deeming the facility to pose “an immediate and severe... Read More

Bupa Eden won’t refund deposits when accreditation is revoked

  When Bupa Eden’s accreditation is revoked on 16 August, the organisation plans to continue caring for residents.  But with its accreditation revoked, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission no longer has the authority to assess the facility against the quality standards, so the Department of Health has told HelloCare it will step in... Read More
Advertisement