Oct 22, 2019

Aged Care Worker Confesses To Raping an 83-Year-Old Grandmother

A shocking report via the Daily Mail has revealed that a Victorian in-home care worker has confessed to raping an elderly grandmother in her own home.

59-year-old Simon Prodanovich launched his cowardly attack at the victim’s Mount Waverley during one of his regular in-home visits.

Mr. Prodanovich had been employed to assist the victim’s wheelchair-bound husband who was living with various ailments and in need of care.

The attacker entered the couple’s family home on January 12 of this year to give the elderly man a sponge bath, before setting his sights on his elderly female victim.

The 83-year-old victim told Mr. Prodanovich that she required her medication to help with her legs, but he told her to ‘forget about the meds’ and convinced the elderly woman that a leg massage would be better.

Mr. Prodanovich then wheeled the victim’s elderly husband out into the lounge room and away from his wife, before going back into the room and raping his elderly victim while she begged him to stop. 

The cowardly attacker quickly fled the premises after the sickening incident and denied the incident when questioned by police. 

Unbelievably, Mr. Prodanovich then tried to shift the focus of blame onto his elderly victim, claiming that her allegations were ‘totally false’ and suggesting that she had made them up out of revenge because he refused to rub lotion on her. 

Mr. Prodanovich continued to stick with his bogus story until DNA evidence that was recovered from the elderly woman’s injuries revealed the evil truth and he was forced to confess.

He pleaded guilty to rape in the County Court of Victoria and could give no explanation for his horrific crime, telling a psychiatrist that the offence was a ‘brain fade.’ 

The elderly woman’s children read out heartbreaking impact statements that detailed the profoundly horrible effect that the attack had their mother. 

Mr. Prodanovich’s Barrister, Ian Crisp, said that his client was ‘ashamed’ of what he did, and argued that the attack was a spur of the moment occurrence and not premeditated. 

County Court Judge Susan Pullen questioned the defense’s claims, highlighting the fact that Mr. Prodanovich wheeled the victim’s husband out of the room as an indication that he had planned the callous attack. 

Mr. Prodanovich remains in custody and is awaiting sentencing this Thursday.

He faces a maximum of 25 years in prison. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. Make sure the SCUM Gets 25 years Non Parole I just felt so sick when I read this, Now I’m sooo sad And Angry 😡 That this type of crime can Happen 😡😡😡

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Quality Commission Threaten To Revoke Newmarch House’s License

The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission has given aged care providers Anglicare a deadline of 5.00 pm today to make changes at their Newmarch House facility or face having their license to operate revoked. Commissioner Janet Anderson delivered a scathing assessment of the infection control practices at Newmarch House, noting that these actions came... Read More

So you’re thinking of going into a nursing home? Here’s what you’ll have to pay for

By Laura Davy, UNSW This week at the aged care royal commission hearings, the CEOs of three aged care providers called for a change in the way residential aged care is funded to improve the quality of care. This followed a plea from Aged Care Services Australia for the government and opposition to address what... Read More

24 Hour Nurse – A Mother’s Day Story

24 Hour Nurse: A Mother’s Day Story It’s a beautiful thing that International Nurses Day coincides with Mother’s Day this year, Nicky Hondros, a palliative care nurse shares her and her mums heart felt story and provides a little glimpse into what it’s like caring for someone living with dementia. Read More
Advertisement
Exit mobile version