Sep 22, 2021

Scared elderly couple get caught up in protests on their way home from hospital

Scared elderly couple got caught up in protests on their way home from hospital
Protesters around an open-doored car on the West Gate Freeway, Melbourne. (9News)

An elderly couple on their way home from the hospital gave radio listeners a live update of their unnerving experience while surrounded by construction protestors on top of the Westgate Bridge in Melbourne. 

A caller by the name of Cheryl revealed that she suffers from “extreme underlying health issues” and that she and her husband had been stuck in traffic for an hour-and-a-half on their way home from the hospital.

According to Cheryl, the elderly couple’s car had been surrounded by protestors who were waving fists at them, while the driver of a semi-trailer in the next lane was forced to lock his doors after protestors attempted to climb on board.

She also said that protestors had been hitching rides to travel up the Westgate Bridge and climbing on other people’s cars.

Cheryl was among many Victorians who called into 3AW’s popular Drive Program to share their thoughts on the day’s chaos.

“I’m double vaccinated, I have extreme underlying health issues and there’s no need for grown people to carry on like this,” said Cheryl.

“So grow up, and for crying out loud – do what you’ve gotta do.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. If only these morons weren’t given news coverage. They want attention, if they are deprived of that their actions wouldn’t have so much impact. The media could shut this down dramatically. Why do people thrive on bad news? Give us some good news.

  2. Absolutely disgraceful delinquents. That is all they can be called. Unintelligent actions and disrespectful to their fellow Melbournians. STOP televising – they deserve and need no assistance to look like braindead morons.
    Bloody glad I live in Sydney!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Leaked documents force Albanese Gov to admit aged care reforms will be delayed

Aged care reforms resulting from the Royal Commission that are supposed to come into effect by July 1 will now be delayed by up to a year according to leaked documents which have all but been confirmed by Anika Wells. Read More

Man on violent rampage punches pensioner and threatens with machete

An “out of control” South Australian man has been charged with punching an 80-year-old man on the bus and threatening a bottle shop attendant with a large knife. Read More

Experts believe aged care sector’s ripe for stock market growth

There’s growing belief that the aged care sector is ready for stock market growth in what could be a defining year for publicly listed providers. Read More
Advertisement